Main Lodge at Big Sand Lake Lodge
Our facility at Big Sand Lake Lodge is the only lodge on the lake.
There are no roads leading to Big Sand, so the only way to get here is to fly in. All guests arrive at Big Sand Lake Lodge via twin turbo prop passenger aircraft, landing at our private airstrip. Situated high atop an ancient glacial esker, the main lodge was built with the guests’ needs foremost in mind.
- Hundreds of square feet of glass provide a sweeping view of nature’s northern beauty
- Bar and lounge
- Entertainment room: satellite T.V., pool table, ping pong table, poker table, dart boards
- High speed internet
- Fully equipped tackle shop
- Executive conference room with audio/visual equipment, board tables, and chairs
Plus, you will not find a Canadian fishing lodge with a higher standard of service and devotion to its guests. In short, our staff love the land, the lake, and the lodge.
Evenings or early mornings spent on your cabin deck provides you with a panoramic view of either Big Sand Lake or Kitimiwi Lake. We feel that a cabin is not only constructed to house you but more importantly is to inspire!
Each cabin includes:
- Wood-burning fireplace
- 2 Queen sized beds
- Full 3-piece bathroom
- Electric heat
- Hot coffee or tea delivered each morning