Rates for Big Sand Lake Lodge
Fly-in fishing for the continent’s most prized trophy fish
Remotely situated within the subarctic wilderness of Canada, Big Sand Lake Lodge is located 525 miles north of Winnipeg, Manitoba. There is no road access; the only way to get here is to fly. The lake offers fishing diversity at its best, and its waters are exclusive to Big Sand Lake Lodge guests only. Our main lodge is the only one on the lake; there are no communities and no cabins.
Every year, our guests commonly catch and release 20-30+ lb. Northern Pike, 50+ lb Lake Trout, 3-4 lb average Walleye, and trophy-sized Arctic Grayling. Each season, we learn more about these magnificent fish. In this upper latitude of North America, fish grow slowly. For example, a caught 49-½ inch, 32 lb. Northern Pike is estimated to be 33 years old!
$3,995 USD plus taxes per person
$5,295 USD plus taxes per person
- Round trip transportation from Winnipeg, Manitoba, to Big Sand Lake Lodge
- All meals and deluxe accommodations in our main lodge
- 18′ fully equipped boats with casting decks, 40 HP Yamaha 4-stoke motors, fish locators, and all fuel
- Daily guide service
- Daily maid service
- All rates quoted per person based on two persons fishing in one boat. For a single person fishing in a boat, add $150 USD per day. Fuel surcharge may apply.
Moose Hunt – 1 Hunter and 1 Guide (one-on-one)
$11,500.00 USD + taxes +
$500.00 USD Hunting License per person
- 1st week Sept 22 to 29, 2018
- 2nd week Sept 29 to Oct 6, 2018
- 1st week Sept 21 to 28, 2019
- 2nd week Sept 28 to Oct 5, 2019
Combo Hunt – Moose/Bear/Wolf
$13,500.00 USD + taxes +
$1,000.00 USD Hunting License per person
Board our floatplane and 15 to 30 minutes later, you’re at your outpost!
2018 Chipewyan Lake
Chipewyan Lake 5-Day Package
$2,995 USD plus taxes per person (minimum of 6 people)
- 5 days of fishing
- Round trip transportation Winnipeg, Manitoba. to the outcamp.
- Chipewyan minimum of 6-8 people.
- All groceries (beer and soda extra)
- Boats, motors, and gas
- Accommodations (complete with bedding and towels)
Jordan Lake, LeClair, and Wolf Lake Wilderness Camp
$2,495 USD plus taxes per person
$3,595 USD plus taxes per person
- 5 or 10 days of fishing (minimum 4 to 8 people)
- Round trip transportation from Winnipeg, MB. to the outcamp.
- Boats, motors, and gas.
- You do your own cooking & cleaning (food package is extra)
- Guide yourself on these great lakes
- All groceries extra (beer and soda extra)
- Looking to add a guide plus a camp cook? Add $ 350.00 USD per day ( min 5 days subject to availability).
Payment Policy Responsibility
Big Sand Lake Lodge makes every effort to serve our guests, but will assume no responsibility or liability for any hazard of any kind associated with these trips. Neither is any obligation nor responsibility assumed for any political, meteorological, climactic, or other event, or the service of transportation companies, contractors, or other principals for which Big Sand Lake Lodge acts as agents.
For cancellations received in writing 91 days prior to departure date, the trip will be credited to the following year. Cancellations received 90 days or less prior to scheduled arrival will not be credited or refunded.
A deposit of $ 1,000.00 USD per person for Fishing Trips is required to secure reservation. All Hunting trips require a 50% Deposit. The balance is due April 30 OR 90 days prior to departure date. Deposits are not refundable. Trip Cancellation insurance is recommended but Optional. All overdue accounts subject to 2.5% late fee.